How Do You Look At Reflective Material
- Peel and stick a piece of 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material at eyelevel on a wall, 10-15' away from where you're standing
- Position a flashlight or your cell phone light alongside your nose, toward the reflective material.
- Keeping your light source against your nose, sweep the beam of light slowly left and right, pointing it toward the material to see how the reflective material will illuminate you in oncoming traffic.
- Several factors are at play when you look at reflective material: the distance, the brightness of the light source and the brightness of the reflective material.
- You’re too close to see the magic of 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material with it in your hand. You need to be a distance. We recommend at least 20 to 30 feet.
- Peel and stick a piece of 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material so that you can see the surface. This might be on a wall or hang a garment on a door.
- You will need a light source that you can hold in your hand. A flashlight or even the light from a phone works well.
- Start by holding the flashlight in your extended arm and aim it towards the reflective material. You should be able to see the color of the Brilliant® Color Reflective material.
- Slowly bring the flashlight towards your eye, always aiming it toward the reflective material.
- As you get closer to your eye you will see the light from your flashlight reflecting back directly towards your eye. The reflective material will change from Brilliant™ Color to the white light reflecting from the flashlight.
- Do this several times at different angles and you will be amazed.